Information about rodent:-
There are about 2000 rodent species living in different habitats around the World depriving human of its basic necessities in term of food, shelter and harborage and as such become pest.
Rodents are highly adaptive animals adjusting themselves to the changes brought about by the process of development resulting in to urbanization of rural area.
Problem caused by rodents:-
Rodent cause tremendous losses to our food & health by way damaging the food right from farming stage to consumption stage & health by transmitting disease like Plague, Salmonellosis, Leptospirosis, Murine Typhus, rat-bite fever, & are a source of constant disturbances at night depriving man of comfortable sleep and consequently affecting his capacity to work and as such are called as all time pests.
Rodents also cause damage to various house hold structure & house itself by gnawing with their elongated through anything they come across such as doors, windows, furniture & fixtures, electric & electronic installations & instruments.
Mode of action:
Integrated pest control operations involve the following essential measures to make control programme effective & successful.
Inspection of site:-
- Inspection should do by the technician before treatment starts.
- The inspection will be based on infestation level, it signs and places where its breeds, take rest and its behavior.
- Formulation of pesticide of along will be decided on basis of site target.
Mode of treatment:
Rodent proofing from cpc is the first line of defense in any effective pest management strategy. It is rodent repellent that can be used both internally and externally to block all the most obvious and less obvious rotes of entry.
Some important point for keeping in mind
- Opening greater than 0.6 for mouse & 0.3 for rats should be located & sealed because they can easily come and go from tiny holes.
- Proper maintenance of window & door pans.
Baiting is an effective way of controlling rats and mice. In this an attractive food for rats is mixed with poison. PRS uses special anti-coagulant rodenticides .i.e.Bromadiolone material that is very attractive to rodents. This method is more effective as rodents do not die immediately, but about four days after feeding. Therefore, the remaining rats do not know that it is a poison and do not become bait-shy and the entire population of rats starts eating the bait. Baits need to be checked and replaced periodically to ensure that sufficient bait is available for all the rats to eat and die.
Glue boards can be useful in situations using poison baits can be hazardous – like pharmaceutical units, food processing units etc. This also prevents the possibility of rat dying in an inaccessible place from where it cannot be easily removed. This method is effective when the place is infested with a limited number of rodents.
Activity Description : -
- Non Drying Gum Pads placed inside the bait station where bait was placed at the Middle. These pads are placed in specific location in which rats are struck while trying to reach the bait. Strucked rats are removed and disposed.
- Non poisonous glue pads are used & dead rats are buried while it is toxious.